City Tax Muenster (Westf.)
Muenster imposed an accommodation tax on 1 July 2016. Travelling for business reasons is exempt.
Following documents have to be completed
for each stay in Muenster that is strictly necessary for business
reasons, and for each guest:
- (Fully) completed self-certification:
--> download here.
You must ALSO submit the following documentation:
- Informal employer certification with at least the following data:
- Name and date of birth of the traveller
- Date of stay (arrival and departure)
- Confirming that the stay “is strictly necessary for business reasons” (the statement should include the exact phrase “strictly necessary for business reasons”!)
- An employer certification has to be completed for each employee and for every stay.
- If the booking is made by the employer
and the final invoice for the stay is issued to the employer no further
certification is needed
Freelancers, self-employed individuals and contractors:
- Complete the self-certification and
include the business reason for
travelling or your tax-id-number
--> download here.
- All the details on the form must be
completed. If you do not
want to provide this information to the hotel for data protection
reasons, then you must pay the tax.
Services subject to the tax
- 4.5 percent of the gross cost of
- Excludes breakfast
- Excludes other services
- Day rooms, no-show bookings, children, pets
and students are subject to the tax
- A separate certification must be provided for
each guest; group certifications (including employer certifications)
are not accepted
Contact for further forms and questions
- Amt für Finanzen und Beteiligungen,
Klemensstrasse 10, 48143 Muenster
- Tel. +49 251 492 - 2001 or - 2002
- Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website with full information and downloads
(some pages are also available in English soon):